Nothing beats homemade granola. The best part is that you can add as much or as little ingredients you want! You don’t necessarily need a recipe to make the perfect granola. Who am I kidding? What is perfect really? Ha! All you really need is your creativity! Another great thing is that you can use the ingredients you have in the comfort of your own home. You don’t need to go on that extra grocery trip mid-week. As long as you have the universal ingredient of granola…. oatmeal. Then you’re good to go!
1 1/2 cup quick oats*
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Handful of whole almonds**
Handful of raisins
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
1)Pre-heat the oven to 300°F
2) Mix the oats, cinnamon, almonds and raisins in a mixing bowl
3) In a separate bowl, mix the honey and vanilla
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and make sure it’s all coated by the honey and vanilla
5) Pour the granola onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
6) Bake in the oven for 45 minutes and stir the granola regularly (about every 15 minutes) to prevent burning.
* Typically you would find rolled oats in granola. However, I only had quick oats and I don’t mind it.
** I only had limited almonds and it happened to be only a handful. Although, I figured whole almonds wouldn’t be that much in this recipe so I slightly crushed them to make more pieces.
Treat yourself today with some homemade vanilla-honey granola today!
ALSO for all you Instagram users out there, I made an account for this blog not too long ago! If you guys end up following me, let me know! I’d love to follow you back!