Hi friends! I know it’s been awhile since I’ve last posted. But now I’m breaking my hiatus with this awesome award! Jenna from I’d Rather Much Be Baking was sweet to nominate me for The Liebster Award. How cool is that?! If you haven’t checked out Jenna’s blog yet…well, um, what are you waiting for?! haha. She posts all these delicious bake goods and her creativity in baking is amazing. You’ve got to check it out for yourself! Thanks again, Jenna!
The Rules of a Liebster Award:
1. Post the Liebster Award logo on your blog, on your homepage or in a post.
2. Link back to your nominator.
3. Answer the ten questions they have set up for you.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award (preferably with under 1000 followers) and let them know they’ve been nominated.
5. Think of ten questions for your nominees to answer.
Questions from nominator (Jenna)
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Connecting with other bloggers!
2. Do you have a favorite meal or dessert to cook/bake?
It’s so hard to choose a favourite. I seriously can’t pick one! I love baking for sure and it has to be anything from cakes to cookies and everything in between! haha
3. Chewy or cakey chocolate chip cookies?
CHEWY all the way!!
4. Are there any future goals you hope to achieve?
So far it’s getting my Bachelor Degree as a Child and Youth Care (ahh just one year left!), connecting with more bloggers, travel ..
5. Do you have any other hobbies or careers outside of blogging?
Baking, yoga, exploring around the city.
6. Why did you create your blog?
First I wanted to blog because I thought it would be a great opportunity to share recipes that I love. Later on, I decided that I wanted to post more than just food related topics. I’ve been really interested in focusing on the importance of taking care of your well being. So I decided to make the ‘Treat Yourself Today’ blog to promote a healthy balanced lifestyle. I also want to add that, ‘healthy’ and ‘balanced’ lifestyle doesn’t necessarily mean eating a carrot and exercising 3 times a day. It means, if you want to improve to become a better ‘you’ then you need to find the priorities in your life. And most importantly to make some time for yourself.
7. Do you have any fun or useful blogging or photography tips to share?
Natural light is the way to go!! For example, if you’re taking photos of food, get close to the window to get the best lighting.
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
Currently it’s been watching The O.C. Yes, I’m one of those people who re-watches a show after it’s off the air many years later haha! I’ve been binge watching for a few weeks now and I’m getting sad that I have a few episodes left! (Is anyone watching a show they’re currently binge watching?)
9. Is there a meal or dessert you haven’t ever made but hope to try soon?
I don’t know if this counts because I’ve tried making it 3 times in the past. But those darn Macarons! haha. I’ve watched many videos, read many posts. No matter what, they always fail. I’m not giving up though! Patience is key…. which I need when I make these haha!
10. If you had to pick one food to eat forever what would it be?
PIZZA. Hands down, pizza !!
I’d like to nominate the following blogs:
Question for bloggers I’ve nominated
1. What or who inspired you to start blogging?
2. What have you learned about blogging?
3. How did you come up with your blog name?
4. Identify 3 words you would describe yourself.
5. What does a normal day in your life looks like?
6. Name one talent or hobby your followers don’t know about you yet.
7. If you were given one plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
8. 5 things you can’t live without
9. What were some nick names you had while growing up?
10. What do you do to treat yourself after a long, busy day?