I was on a week long trip over in the states. For five days I was in Columbus, Ohio and passed by Kentucky, Indiana and Detroit in the last two days. It’s good to be home!! All that fast food and sandwiches I ate this past week makes me so sick to my stomach! I made this veggie bowl last month but I wouldn’t mind making this again. Oh, how I’ve missed home cooked meals.
Sweet Potato fries
2 Large sweet potatoes
1) Wash, pat dry and cut the sweet potato fries length wise
2) In a baking tray place the sweet potato fries and 2 teaspoon of garlic salt, then mix. Make sure all the fries are coated.
3) Bake in the oven for 30-45 mins at 350°F. You can flip it half way so both sides will be crispy.
Mushroom and Quinoa
1 Cup of Quinoa
1 lb of mushrooms
1) Cook quinoa according to package instructions – when the quinoa and water/broth is simmering add a splash of fresh lemon juice
2) In a separate pan, saute the mushroom with a drizzle of oil until it’s cooked
3) Once the quinoa is done cooking add it to the mushroom pan and mix
4) Zest half a lemon into the pan
5) Add fresh cracked pepper for taste
Add a handful of fresh spinach and slices of lemon for the dressing and you’re good to go!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Treat yourself today to this super filling veggie bowl!!