Autumn wouldn’t be complete if you didn’t have some sort of pie or crumble this season. Since I had leftover fresh cranberries and pears from Thanksgiving for stuffing, I thought, why don’t I make something SWEET out of these ingredients. This crumble is not your typical crumble. An unexpected ingredient is used ;) Instead of using white flour and butter, I used coconut flour and coconut oil. And let me tell you, once the crumble is cooking in the over, you can instantly smell the coconut scent, which I loved! But don’t worry, there are autumn ingredients in there too! Just like pecans for that crunch of the crumble and a dash of cinnamon mixed in with the fruits. I found that the cranberries were still very sour but mixing it with ice cream helped a lot ;)
Cranberry and Pear Crumble
1 cup cranberries
2 small pears, sliced
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbls coconut oil, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oats
1/4 coconut flour
4 tbs coconut oil, melted
1 tsp salt
1) In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the filling. Mix the ingredients well so that they’re all coated with the sugar, oil and cinnamon.
2) Add the filling mixture in a 9″ baking pan, set aside.
3) In the same mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the crumble. Mix the ingredients well.
4) Pour the crumble mixture on top of the filling mixture.
5) Bake in oven at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
Treat yourself today to this crumble today!